Friday, August 12, 2011

My Busy Summer

This is a repeat of what I just posted on my other blog... Worth a Fig... but it has more to do with my craft than the kitchen so I thought I would repost it here.

My writing has been much more sporadic lately. I just seems like I don't have enough hours in the day to keep up with all my projects. I haven't been cooking as much either... it is just too hot for that. We have been trying to keep dinner as simple as possible.

So what have I been up to? Well the typical summer fun... swimming, playing in the river, grilling on the patio, and in the mornings when it's cool enough we try to venture out for a walk or some geocaching... but we have also done a lot of arts and crafts and hanging out inside.

I have also been keeping myself busy with my various crafts. I'm teaching a basketry class tomorrow at the public library and I'll be teaching two more in September for TPWD. I've also been working on designing some new toys and games so that I can get my Etsy shop up and running again. Previously my husband and I just sold greeting card, but we decided to branch out. I'm going to be making small toys and games, and I plan on getting it all up and running again early next week. I'll be posting more about that later along with photos from my basketry class... but until then here are some examples of what I've been working on.

I haven't stayed out of the kitchen entirely. I did manage to whip up this last night with Italian sausage and tomatoes from the farmers market.



For anyone interested in basketry I will have a free tutorial available sometime next week.

What has been keeping you busy this summer? Leave a comment and tell me about it.

Cheers,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...